How do I get records for a scout who transferred from another Council?

Created by Dawn Niece, Modified on Mon, 25 Oct 2021 at 03:16 PM by Dawn Niece

Without doing a Council to Council transfer, you will not see earned advancement for a scout who transferred to GNYC from another council.   The unit scoutmaster may request a copy of the scouts official record (not an excel sheet) directly from the prior Unit or can request a copy from prior council.   


The new unit should ideally confirm and record this information in the troop records. If the new unit advancement is having difficulty entering this information, GNYC can manually enter with a copy of the person record from the prior council, however, we REALLY want to avoid this if at all possible.

If you have any additional questions you may find an answer in our HELP GUIDES:

For additional support please email 

Was this article helpful?

That’s Great!

Thank you for your feedback

Sorry! We couldn't be helpful

Thank you for your feedback

Let us know how can we improve this article!

Select atleast one of the reasons
CAPTCHA verification is required.

Feedback sent

We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article