How do I apply for a Campership?

Created by Chris Guarniere, Modified on Tue, 02 Apr 2024 at 01:26 PM by Chris Guarniere

Campership applications can be completed at:

The Greater New York Councils offers camperships to registered youth from New York City to assist with camp fees. Campership amounts are based on the amount requested and family need. In some cases, depending on specific circumstances, no campership may be awarded. Please read the instructions as the timeline and requirements have been updated this year.

Campership awards are limited. Please submit your campership application by February 29th for first-round consideration. Applications received after February 29th will be considered based on the availability of funding.

When completing the application, the total yearly income must reflect all household family members. Please include all types of household income: salary, unemployment insurance, pensions, alimony, disability, public assistance, SNAP, earned income tax credit, etc. The Campership Committee may request proof of household income to verify household income.

If a family is requesting assistance for multiple members of the family, please complete a separate application for each family member.

This application is only for attendance at Camp Keowa, Camp Aquehonga, Catskill High Adventure Base at Camp Keowa, John E. Reeves Cub World and is for registered members of the Greater New York Councils. A separate application will be available for National Youth Leadership Training (NYLT).

A $65 per camper per week, or $65 per camper session deposit, must be paid for the campership award to be awarded and applied.

  • NOTE:  Campership Award Determination letters will only be sent to individuals who are registered in the summer camp registration system. Camperships awards may be forfeited if Scouts are not registered at the time award letters are being issued.
    • Your unit MUST add the name of the Scouts attending camp to their unit reservation. Once the Scout is on the unit reservation, the unit may make a payment for the deposits of the Scouts attending camp.
    • Alternatively, the unit can activate the “Parent Portal” within the camp reservation system and allow families to make their own camp payments.

Cub Scouts who are crossing over to Scouts BSA troops must indicate their new troop and the troop they will be attending summer camp with. Submit camper’s transfer information to the GNYC office on time to avoid confusion in locating campers with the appropriate unit.

  • Cross-Over Youth must be registered with the Troop in the camp registration system in order to receive campership award notification.
  • Arrow-Of-Light Cross-Over Discount (Youth): Cross-overs will receive the Early Bird discount if registered and paid in full by 5/1. This discount needs to be manually applied – please send an email to to receive a discount after 3/15.

Camperships awarded will be based on the early bird cost. No consideration will be given for the higher fee charged after March 15th for all Youth.

If a Scout receives multiple camperships, the total cannot exceed the cost of camp, less the $65 deposit. If a Scout’s total camperships exceed this amount, the GNYC campership will be reduced accordingly.

The registration fee paid by a family to attend camp is the early bird rate* if the campership form was submitted by 3/15/2024. The registration fee paid by a family to attend camp is the regular registration rate* if the campership form was submitted on 3/16/2024 or after. Reimbursement, if any, will be provided in a pack/troop check, typically after the unit departs camp (if no discrepancies are found). We do not make checks out to individuals (except for youth attending an individual specialty camp). Please keep track of payments by individual parents for their reimbursement from the pack/troop check.

*The definition of early bird and regular registration rates is defined on the the camp fee website (  In the Black Pug registration system defines registration types differently. In the Black Pug system, early bird is equivalent to Super Saver (TMR), regular means early bird (TMR) and late means regular (TMR). In this section, early bird and regular is referring to the TMR fee chart NOT how it is defined in Black Pug. 

Other Campership Supporting Organizations:

Suanhacky Campership Association
Queens Scouts are eligible for additional campership assistance from the Suanhacky Campership Association. By completing the Greater New York Councils Campership Application, information submitted by families from Queens will be shared with the Suanhacky Campership Association for additional funding consideration. To learn more about Suanhacky Campership Association, head to:

Ranachqua Foundation
Bronx Scouts, to apply for Ranachqua Foundation assistance, please visit the Ranachqua Foundation website for your Scouting program, either Cub Scout or Scouts BSA. Please be sure to follow the instructions on the page for how to complete the application and where to send the forms. To learn more about Ranachqua Foundation, head over to:

Cub Scouts
Cub Scout Camperships (

Scouts BSA
SCOUTS BSA Camperships (

Was this article helpful?

That’s Great!

Thank you for your feedback

Sorry! We couldn't be helpful

Thank you for your feedback

Let us know how can we improve this article!

Select atleast one of the reasons
CAPTCHA verification is required.

Feedback sent

We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article