Citizenship in Society Merit Badge
Starting July 1, 2022, the merit badge will be required for any youth seeking to achieve the prestigious Eagle Scout rank. Scouts who complete ALL of their requirements for Eagle, including their Eagle Scout project, AND have all of their paperwork submitted and verified on or before June 30, 2022 may earn the Citizenship in Society Merit Badge but are not required to do so. Any Scout completing Eagle requirements on or after July 1, 2022, will be required to complete the Citizenship in Society Merit Badge.
Would you like to be a merit badge counselor for Citizenship in Society Merit Badge and be part of the DEIB scouting community?
Please follow the below steps:
- Attend an in-person DEIB in Scouting course.
Courses are held quarterly by the Greater New York Councils’ DEIB Committee..
- If you are unable to attend an in-person course, please reach out for more information.
Contact Antonnio del Rosario, GNYC Diversity Chair 917-680-3382 (text friendly) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Verify training https://form.jotform.com/220277009350044
- All merit badge counselors need to complete an adult leader application and MBC Information Form.
- Individuals already registered in the district as a merit badge counselor must complete
the merit badge counselor Information Form,
- Merit badge counselor Information Form: https://filestore.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/34405.pdf
- BSA Adult leader application: https://filestore.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/524-501.pdf
- Please include a copy of current youth protection training certificate with applications
- Merit badge counselor Information Forms MUST be submitted to the district advancement chair
for review and approval.
- Please read through the merit badge counselor guidelines and the merit badge requirements
before committing to be a counselor for this new merit badge.
Links to both documents can be found here:
Citizenship in Society Merit Badge Counselor Guidelines
Citizenship in Society Merit Badge Scout Requirements
For more information, please go to: www.scouting.org/dei