How do I get a Certificates of Insurance (COI) for an upcoming trip/event?

Created by Dawn Niece, Modified on Wed, Sep 27, 2023 at 4:47 PM by Dawn Niece

Certificates of insurance verify that the BSA and local councils have insurance for an event or activity. In most cases when Scouting and Exploring activities are held at locations other than Scout property, the location requires a certificate of insurance from the BSA. 

If your unit is planning an event or activity that requires a Certificate of Liability Insurance or Proof of Liability Insurance, please complete and return the attached request form and send to SUPPORTDESK@NYCSCOUTING.ORG for processing.

Requests for the standard limits of $1,000,000 / 10,000,000. will be returned within a week.

Was this article helpful?

That’s Great!

Thank you for your feedback

Sorry! We couldn't be helpful

Thank you for your feedback

Let us know how can we improve this article!

Select at least one of the reasons
CAPTCHA verification is required.

Feedback sent

We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article